Saturday 8 September 2007

Crafting 365 / 25 - butterflies

We watched "Metro" starring Eddie Murphy last night. Rubbish! & not even in a good way, either, just total drivel. Oh well. I did get quite a bit of sewing done in front of it though... this is what the table next to the sofa looked like at close of play:

Then this morning we had a nice lazy start, lots of cups of tea etc and much lazing about... so I sat with my tea and finished the four butterflies I have been working on. I've gone for two different versions, one with purple detailing (like the original which I've replicated - shown with the others for comparison, can you spot it?) and another with pink. Two are brooches and the other two a pair of ornaments:

I'm really pleased with how they turned out (although one of them wasn't quite as planned it still looks nice). The moment all the details are stitched on and the sequins added they just pop out at you, and I don't know that it would be possible to take a bad photo of them cos they are so shiny and the colours are so strong.

I'm hoping to make some more in different colours (probably something with blue) but these will do for the moment - I've got four more to finish, anyway (two more brooches and two more ornaments). I hope I have enough sequins left - I'm not yet at the stage where I have stocked up on certain colours or types of sequins, so I'm still rummaging through the assortments I have left-over from the crafty projects of my youth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look really fabulous!

Anonymous said...

your photos and blog in general are so bright and yummy. i always feel like going off to make stuff after i have read it!