Saturday 16 January 2010

Things in my workbox #1

Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone :)

I've been listening to lots of fantastic crafty podcasts, working my way through a box set of Doctor Who and generally taking it easy, and I'm gradually starting to feel a little more human.

Over the next few days I'll be sharing some quick snaps of things I've been working on recently & which will be making an appearance in my shops once I get back on my feet.

First up, large layered flower brooches - these have been in my workbox for simply ages while I ummed and aahhed about which colours to use for embroidery thread and buttons. It's lovely seeing them finally taking shape! (And yes, that is an upturned biscuit tin lid. They make such fantastic portable workspaces).

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Love your brooches and I share your love for Dr Who? I cried like a baby when Tennent left!

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the link to Crafty Pod! I had no idea such a thing existed, but I now know what I'll be listening to next week!

우리ladies said...

I always following your blog, enjoy reading and seeing all very beautiful crafty work. You did a really great job, do keep up your great work.

JIM JAM SANDWICH said...

Happy New Year! Just to let you know that I have given you a 'Sunshine award' as you are one of my favourite blogs. Just pop along to my blog to collect. G x

Kassondra DeBoer said...

wow, these are SO pretty!

Holly said...

I LOVE the brooches! If I hadn't just bought a new one for my coat I'd totally be considering one. Hmm...would it be ridiculous to buy a second one anyway...? :P