Saturday 10 September 2011

Books, Buttons, Squirrels and Christmas Crafting

A few bits and bobs to mention today...



I'm delighted to see it's already had one very sweet review :)

Secondly, the massive 5inch (12.5cm) wooden buttons are back in stock in all my shops after a few weeks when they were unfortunately unavailable.


Honestly I love these oversized buttons so much, the temptation to keep them all for myself and use them to make giant button-themed decor for my house is very very strong... You can find them in my Etsy shop, my Folksy shop, my website and now also in my DaWanda shop.

Thirdly, I've decided to discontinue my red squirrel brooches so I've put the last remaining ones on sale.


You can check out all my sale bargains on Etsy, DaWanda, Folksy and there's a few on my website too.

And finally... my Christmas Felt packs are now back in stock in all my shops. I know it's only September, but if you're a giver of handmade Christmas gifts, tis the season to start crafting!


The Christmas packs include lots of festive shades - greens for holly, ivy and Christmas trees, browns for Christmas puddings and reindeer, white for snow-covered rooftops and snowmen, red for stockings and berries, and ginger for gingerbread men.

You can find them with all my other wool blend felt packs, on Etsy, Folksy, DaWanda & my website.

If you want some Christmas crafting inspiration, do visit my free Christmas tutorials section here on the blog which includes a selection of cute felt ornaments.


Want ideas for handmade gifts? You'll find lots of fun things to make over in my crafty tutorials section...


...and for those final finishing touches check out my gift wrap ideas.


9 comments:

Manu said...

wonderful post! thank you

Little Nell said...

The red squirrel brooches look lovely. Perhaps you should re-consider discontinuing them as they made headline news today! They are making a comeback on Brownsea island and Squirrel Nutkin could be popular again :)

Jennifer said...

Thank you for such a beautiful blog. I enjoy it so much!

Anonymous said...

I love all your tutorials, the flower brooches you sell are too cute! Could you make a sunflower bracelet? I'd buy that. ;)

Katie said...

Thanks for the Christmas heads-up - I really do need to start thinking about it :-)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Little Nell - oh, I'm so glad to hear the red squirrels are making a comeback!

Anonymous - I do make sunflower brooches, so if you'd like a bracelet version of that design please do get in touch :)

Katie - it will be here before you know it, and making handmade gifts is a pretty time-consuming endeavour. I rarely get all the gifts finished in time!

Siti Munirah said...

oh, thats ur book?? i came to knew about it at amazon when i was looking for felt craft book last march 2011. it was advertised, mentioned will open for sale in sep 2011. i wonder whether ur book in bookstore in Malaysia yet.

Jessi said...

I´m wearing my little squirrel brooch in this moment and it´s soooooo lovely!Thank you very much!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Yay! Glad you like the squirrel, Jessi :)