Monday 5 September 2011

Mini Squares

More knitting!


This is one of those odd projects that you start without really knowing how it's going to end up... I've got lots of little balls of yarn leftover from other projects, and I've decided to use them to knit an assortment of tiny moss stitched squares.

Then (eventually) when I've collected a whole bunch I'm going to use the squares to make something very colourful. I'm not sure what yet but I'm going to have a long time to make up my mind :)

8 comments:

Lucy said...

What a good idea! I have so many ends of wool and nothing to do with them

GiddyStuff said...

Using moss stitch for those squares is such a great idea.

Sue Hayton said...

Be careful!! I am now on my third blanket made from oddments and this is a double one. You never know where this might lead!!

Nic said...

They look great. Very colourful!

Las Teje y Maneje said...

Beautiful stitches!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks guys! :)

GiddyStuff - my mum made me a blanket when I was small which is all moss stitched squares, I got the idea from that. I love how it looks but I have to admit that I keep getting the order of my stitching wrong when I'm not paying attention and ending up with ribbed squares instead. Oops.

Sue - haha! you can never have too many blankets, esp in a flat as drafty as ours :D

Molly said...

Hi! You have totally inspired me to make a baby blanket like this. (I don't know moss stitch, but the garter stitch though!)
Question - would you recommend against using a common colour (in my case, navy blue), throughout the whole blanket? I notice that you have a great assortment, so I'm curious!
Wendy

Bugs and Fishes said...

Hi Molly, you could definitely use a common colour! I've sewn totally "random" blankets before with a wide mix of colours, and others where I've used just a few colours and done diagonal stripes of squares across the blanket. If you search my blog for "blanket" you'll find a few examples :)